The Joanna Bird Foundation
The Joanna Bird Foundation was registered in 2012, with the following aims:
- the advancement of the Arts through encouragement of interest in and engagement with, artists working in ceramic, glass, metal, wood and other materials.
- To inspire makers, emerging and established, to find their way and extend their boundaries. To encourage large scale work for public spaces by supporting innovation and bold work with good design and craftsmanship, producing honest and genuine work with meaning and integrity.
- The advancement of education by providing financial support, specialised advice and information.
- We want to provide this to all ages wishing to improve their skills or knowledge in the decorative arts.
- Wherever possible we would like to help purchase materials and tools to help artists.
- We are going about this through exhibitions, talks, seminars, workshops, residencies, film, publications and journals in both digital and traditional media. Furthermore, we hope to build a reference library to aid research.